Other Career Opportunities /
William O’Neil India is seeking a motivated and tech-savvy candidate to become a Computer Operator to support the 24/7 Data Center Operation of William O’Neil + Co. based in the U.S. We’re looking for someone with a good basic understanding of tech (an A+ or Network+ certification is a plus). You will be called on to learn and acquire some networking, programming, and database knowledge. We will train the right candidate on all aspects of operating, monitoring, and managing our systems and the technology that runs them. Candidate must have excellent oral and written communication skills in order to collaborate with our global technical staff located in the U.S., Armenia, and China.
Data Center Responsibilities:
- Monitoring and maintaining our international operating system environment using a variety of consoles, alerts, and procedures, including industry standards such as SolarWinds Orion, Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Office, MediaWiki (for documentation), PDF readers and editors (for checking financial books and charts), VPN, and A+ and Network+ level PC and network support.
- Using logs, email, instant messaging, and production and program reports to report, troubleshoot, escalate, and resolve issues, as well as to keep our numerous programming, business, and administrative teams in the communication loop.
- Working heavily with Microsoft SQL servers: executing and monitoring programs, troubleshooting and escalating issues, generating reports, and transferring files.
- Provide rigorous and detailed quality control of all of our on-line financial data products: you””””ll need a tireless eagle eye while checking all stock charts and related data, and to ensure that any problems found are documented and fixed quickly.
- This is a job in the nerve center of the company, and you””””ll have regular contact with all other departments. Therefore, qualities like teamwork, positive attitude, a pleasant and calm-under-pressure demeanor, and a desire to help people are required.
- Must take initiative and be proactive in taking on responsibility for learning new products and procedures.
Local Machine/hardware Administration
- Local machine administration including joining computers to the domain (if relationship between computer and primary domain fails)
- Hardware maintenance, error diagnostic and repair.
- Resetting remote user passwords
- Providing user access rights (administrator, remote user, etc) on local machine.
- Application installations (remote)
- Application maintenance (updates), error diagnostic and repair
- Bachelors degree
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English.
- Power-user level knowledge of, and troubleshooting Windows XP Pro and 7.
- Have a good understanding of, and demonstrated affinity for, PCs and related technology.
- A solid amount of working experience with MS Office.
- Strong and professional communication skills, verbal and written.
- Must be flexible with schedule.
- Must be honest, responsible, self-motivated and very willing to learn.
Hours and Schedule
We are a 24/7 data center, so conceivably you could be assigned any schedule, including WEEKENDS and HOLIDAYS (e.g. Wed-Sun, Fri-Tues etc.). Thus, school continuation is not recommended, as the schedule can change depending on data center needs. The candidate will be trained on morning and swing shifts before being placed on a permanent shift.
To apply, please provide salary expectation, along with your resume, and email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
William O’Neil India does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis covered by local law.
William O’Neil India offers a competitive compensation and benefit package, including medical and life insurance programs, personal accident insurance, leave programs, vacation and holidays. This also includes statutory India programs such as Provident Fund and Gratuity Fund.